Happy late 5 on Friday
1. A few weeks ago my daughter spotted Hamburger Helper at the grocery store and insisted we purchase it. I finally made it for her last night but without the hamburger meat (I didn’t have any on hand). I have never had hamburger helper before and now I see why. It was the most disgusting color of orange I have ever seen. Surely adding hamburger meet does not magically alter it. The concoction destroyed my pot too. I had to boil water and dish soap in the pot to make sure I could reuse that poor pot again! Ironically she loved it and insisted on feeding each other. But never buying that again.
2. I was tickled this past week when the premiere for Season 4 Real Housewives of Beverly Hills was finally announced for November. RHOBH is my not to secret-dirty-little-secret. I LOVE this show. I own all episodes on am1azon video. I patiently wait until the next day after the latest episode airs and purchase/watch it much to my husbands chagrin. Can’t wait!
3. I finally opened my maternity clothes boxes that have been neatly packed away for over 3 years earlier this week. It’s wonderful to suddenly have boxes of “new” clean clothes! But I already have my list of a few more things I need to purchase to get me through this pregnancy thanks to these inspirational maternity posts from Baby Steps in Heels and The Small Things Blog.
4. This weekend, I have a date with an old friend at Starbucks. We have a mutual love for pumpkin spice lattes but we also like the weather to be a little cooler before we imbibe. As the weather was delicious this past week we couldn’t wait any longer! Even though I do like PSL, I thoroughly enjoyed this rant a few weeks ago. I have to admit I agree.
5. It is such a breath of fresh air when we stumble across a great new kids show. The latest find is Daniel the Tiger. Remember Mister Rogers Neighborhood? Well someone had the great idea to take Daniel the Tiger – remember the one that lived in the clock? – and turned it into an animated show. My daughter made my husband painted notes and insisted we place them in the mailbox just like she saw on the show. She then insisted I make one for him. It was such a sweet moment!