5 on Friday!
I’m linking up with Natasha from Hello! Happiness for 5 on Friday today.
1. I added three blogs to my Favorites this week thanks to New York City Fashion Week: Style By Lolly, Devon Rachel, and A PIECE of TOAST. I stumbled across these via two of my favorite blogs: What Courtney Wore and Damsel in Dior. Love the fact that both these bloggers are from Texas too! I can’t decide which is my favorite outfit from NYFW – either this sharp ensemble or this DFW Wrap dress.
2. Speaking of fashion, Kate Middleton was looking GREAT post-baby at a black tie event last night. I hope my post-baby recovery next spring is the same! Hallelujah for a real-women mother figure.
3. This past week I have been working on organizing our favorite recipes. I printed a template from iHeartOrganizing, proceeded to write down every favorite that my husband and I have cooked and where the recipe came from. Yes, I said my husband and I. He likes to saute’ things.
It felt nice to be organized, but at the same time I realized that I need to add more favorite dishes to our collection. Thankfully, two cookbooks from my mom arrived in the mail this past week. The cookbook that has the most potential is actually the Hungry Girl 200 under 200 cookbook. I think I will just tell my husband that the recipes are from Food Network! I am going to try a recipe for a healthy version of the Bloomin’ Onion this weekend.
4. To go along with the Bloomin’ Onion, I am going to make this hamburger for him this weekend with some organic beef from the Farmers Market. He LOVES fried eggs on his hamburgers. I however will be perfectly happy with a nice cheeseburger.
5. This post inspired me to make a new wreath for our front door with hydrangeas. Until the weather truly turns fall, I am always stumped what to decorate the front door with. (First world problems, I know.) I like to leave our American wreath up from Memorial Day until after September 11th, but it seems to soon to pull out my fall wreath. I like to combine the fall decor with Halloween anyways. Annnnnd I’d honestly rather go purchase supplies to make a new wreath than climb up into the attic and find the box labeled fall decorations…